emh

Adventures in Learning Film Photography

Film Photography: An Introduction

My first camera was a purple Polaroid i-Zone. I was 6 or 7 years old and it was a birthday gift from my parents. If I were to go through the keepsake boxes in my childhood bedroom, I would eventually uncover a small i-Zone picture book keychain. The photographs that fill the pages are almost all of my family members, and of course a couple photos of my Teddy. My passion and attraction to photography only grew from there. But in all my years of photography, the countless digital cameras that have come through my life, I have taken little time to truly learn the art of photographing.

It only seemed fitting to utilize my EDCI336 inquiry project to dive into the realm of photography, specifically 35mm film photography. To uncover and learn how to photograph with intention rather than automation. I want to understand the numbers and dials that rim the lens of my analogue cameras that have gathered dust for far too long. My desire for the end of the term is to be able to use an analogue camera with the confidence and knowledge to produce the photographs of my creative vision.

I hope you all enjoy joining me on my adventures!

EMH

« »